Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gour-Make It Monday (Saturday) Iced Bunny Cookies and a little Saturday Snapshot

Iced Sugar Cookies are a tradition in our house.
We make them for nearly every holiday.
I can remember my mother making several bowls for EACH child
of colored icing.
Giving us a stack of blank cookies and
handfulls of sprinkles and letting us
decorate "OUR OWN" cookies.

Here they are as stitched bunnies:

Recipe:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsps. baking POWDER
2 3/4 cups flour
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add baking powder and flour mixture one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. The dough will be very stiff. It may be necessary to blend the last flour by hand.

Divide dough into two balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12" in diameter. Dough should be 1/8 inch thick. Dip cookie cutters in flour before each use. place cookies on Ungreased cookie sheet. Bake on top rack of oven set on 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes.

Here is my version in photos:
First I mixed my ingredients for the dough and separated it into two equal size balls.
Then I prepared my rolling area:

Time to roll it out:
Then I use the cookie cutter and place them on a pan. They don't have to be too far apart as they bake up and not out.

and bake:

Then you make your icing.
I think I'll keep that part a secret for now, but any icing will do.
Ice and enjoy.

And now for a little Saturday Snapshot with Yellow Songbird

Evie Claire and Brad's Grandmother celebrating her 88th birthday with a little cookout!
My Hubby at the grill:
Evie and her Papa playing in the yard:
88 years and she is relaxing and enjoying the day!
and my sweet girl enjoying the sunshine!
As you can see I'm not very good with just ONE snapshot.

yellow songbird

Happy Saturday

xoxo
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment