Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sunny Saturday Knoxville Style

Today we decided to get outside. 

First we picked up my sweet niece and nephew and headed over to the World's Fair Park. 
Not my photo, but I'm waiting on Hubby to upload. 
The World's Fair came to Knoxville, TN in 1982. That year my older brother was born and the St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series. An all around fantastic year! 
We did go up into the sphere. I'm NOT a fan of elevators and there was a sign inside that said: 

"Jumping in this elevator WILL shut it down causing you to be stuck for up to an hour with possible fines".
I made Brad hold Evelyn Claire because she kept trying to push ALL of the buttons and I CAN NOT get stuck in an elevator. Seriously! 

After the Sphere we had a picnic lunch
My gorgeous girl NEVER turns down food!

Soaking up the beautiful sunshine!
And then we headed on over to good old Marble Slab. 

Our order went like this:

1 Peanut Butter Milk Shake
One small cup - birthday cake ice cream with m&ms
one medium cup - vanilla ice cream with a LOT of sprinkles (that was later spilled in my car)
One cone of some cream blend with oreos and cookie dough. 
One small cup - swiss chocolate and peanut butter with cookie dough

Needless to say the poor girl helping us will probably need some sort of arm band after our insane order.

Tonight we got some silly photos of the Super Moon and hung out with my husband's family. 

Hope your Saturday was sunny and fun too! 

Court

No comments:

Post a Comment