Monday, March 28, 2011

Gour-Make It Monday Red Velvet Cake Cookies

Red Velvet cake is my FAVORITE. 

My husband used to surprise me with red velvet minis all the time (before our kids).

Of course it was my wedding cake.

Our photographer was drinking at our reception, so this is the best photo of my cake he got. Seriously??
Anyway back to the cookies. 

I LOVE something that is cost effective for feeding a lot of people. My mother was a caterer for years and years and taught me lots of great shower,party,holiday recipes for things that presented beautifully, tasted heavenly, but didn't cost an arm and a leg. 

This recipe is my own. 

Red Velvet Cake Cookies
All the joy of a red velvet cake in one bite. Icing and all.

I would have done a much better presentation, but we at them all when they came out of the oven.
Recipe: 
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package red velvet cake mix
  • 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
In a bowl mix softened cream cheese, and softened butter. 
Beat in Egg, Vanilla extract, and Cake mix. 

Put your confectioner's sugar in a separate bowl and set aside. 

(This is a VERY sticky mixture. To help with that... I coat my hands in the powdered sugar)

Next you'll want to make 1 inch dough balls, BUT again this is sticky, so I just pick up a clump and plop it into the bowl of powdered sugar and roll it around until it makes a ball. 

Throw on baking sheet (I use un-greased air bake or my baking stone) 

Bake on 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. If they still look shiny or doughy keep on baking. Because they have the cake an cream cheese, they take a little longer. (Be sure to use your middle oven rack to avoid burning top or bottom of cookies)

Cool and Serve (Or eat them hot like me) 

Happy Gour-Making 

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment