Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Willing Wednesday - Fruit


Been thinking a lot on on the Proverbs 31 woman. 
She works hard. She rises before her children, and rests long after their heads have hit the pillow. 
Her husband sees her just as any woman desires to be viewed. She is valued. 
She uses her talents and has a bank account. She is generous. 

I think her goodness is largely in part to the fruit she bears. 

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control..

I featured some of my friends in the photo because they 
represent a time when attempting to be like Mrs. 31 came easy for me. 
I was so eager to give love. To bring peace and joy. Patience and kindness came so naturally. 
The motivation for goodness was abounding by overwhelming faithfulness from the most gentle friends. Self control is always easy in mixed company among mothers isn't it?

It was real. It was so EASY. 
I accomplished a LOT. 
After having to leave that comfortable environment I realized that receiving the fruits of others depends on the fruits I produce. 

Love, joy, kindness, faithfulness, goodness, generosity...those come so easy for me on a regular basis.
Peace, patience, gentleness, and self control aren't always a piece of cake. 
I give in when provoked too easily. When I am hurt I don't handle it gently. I'm impatient with mediocrity,lying,selfishness. I have a hard time finding peace among life's stresses from time to time.

So, what about it?

Today I will willingly take the time to produce fruit that is worth sharing.
I will do my best to be like Mrs. 31 and take each moment as an opportunity to do "one better". 

I think it will be so much easier to model after her when I focus not on her deeds, but the fact that her fruit is given fresh in all areas. It isn't siting around getting stale. 
Nobody wants someone's stale fruit. 

Shine your light and let the whole world see! 
Focus less on the fruits of your physical labor, and more on the fruits of the Spirit. 
Let the Spirit compel you forward and produce a lovely, peaceful, Mrs. 31.

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control."
Galatians 5:22-23    

Happy Wednesday
xoxo
Courtney




No comments:

Post a Comment