Monday, July 4, 2011

Gour-Make It Monday - Cookie Bars

 Today my super talented, equally sweet, friend Toni Jill is guest posting.
Enjoy.
 
Hi Friends!  


 My name is Toni Jill Cox and I am super excited to be guest posting for Ms. Courtney today!  I am a licensed teacher who has been out of teaching in the public schools for 5 years, having and raising my babies!  
 
I have a 5 year old Molly and 4 year old twin boys named Cooper and Brody!  I have been married to my sweet hubby Chad for 9 years this month and he teaches school and coaches football and track! 
 
Ok, that's enough about me - on to my favorite, super-easy dessert recipe:  
 
Cookie Bars!  
  Let's get started!
 
                                                                       You will need: 
 
One box yellow cake mix, 
2 eggs, 
1/2 cup oil, 
1/2 bag of chocolate morsels
                           (or whatever you have in your cabinet - semi sweet morsels are good too)
                                                       and butter spray for your 9x13 pan!
 
Next, spray your 9x13 pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
 
                             Then, mix your cake mix, 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs until well blended 
 
and add your chocolate chips!  At this point, if you have a CRAZY NEED to eat some cookie batter, please go ahead (my hubby teases me that I only make the cookie bars to eat the batter and well, he's pretty much right!).
 
 Now, Bake your cookie bars at 350 for about 20 minutes or so depending on how hot your oven gets.  I like to take mine out when the edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
 
Finally, Cut your bars, pour a glass of milk, grab your favorite book and enjoy your cookies!!
 
Thanks Courtney for having me and I hope to be back soon with a sewing tutorial!  Please visit my blog sometime and say hello at www.thecoxclanof5.blogspot.com
 
 You can also find Toni Jill on Facebook at MCBs Bows and Pillowcase Dresses
She will also be a vendor on July 9th at Kitts Market at Kitts Cafe.
 
xoxo
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment